Friday, 30 September 2016

Llandudno........... Man suffers serious burns in arson attack

Fire chiefs suspect blaze at Ffordd Las was started deliberately      ogle

Ffordd Las, Llandudno

A man was rushed to hospital with serious burns following a suspected arson attack in Llandudno .
The casualty has been taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd for treatment following a two-hour fire at a property on Ffordd Las yesterday.
Fire crews are currently investigating the cause of the fire but a spokesman for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said it was "believed to have been started deliberately."
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called to the a house fire at 11.07pm and sent two engines from Llandudno to the scene.
They used two sets of breathing apparatus, and one hose-reel jet to tackle the blaze.
Crews fought the fire for almost two hours with a stop message being sent to the control room at 1.56am.





A spokesman for the Welsh Ambulance Service said: "We were called at about 11.10pm on Thursday 29 September to reports of a fire at an address on Ffordd Las, Llandudno.
"An emergency ambulance attended the scene and a man was taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd with serious injuries."
A spokeswoman for North Wales Fire and Rescue said a team were going to return to the property this morning to investigate what started the fire.
North Wales Police have been approached for comment.

Llandudno Pier..........Convicted paedophile found working on kiddies' ride

Owners of family attraction say all staff will have criminal records checks after child sex beast re-offended after getting job on concession






The owners of Llandudno Pier have said all staff will in future be criminal records checked after it emerged a convicted paedophile re-offended after getting a job working on a kiddies’ ride there.

Thought a Police CRB check had to be done when working with children, or vulnerable adults?

Jamie Campbell had been given four years in jail in 2010 and was registered as a sex offender. But when he was released he managed to get a job as a supervisor on one of the childrens’ funfair rides .
He went on to groom a 13-year-old and is now facing jail again. But the Daily Post has learned that staff working at the popular family attraction do not undergo checks to see whether they have criminal records before being employed there.
The Daily Post has learned that while staff may be asked, they are taken at their word.
Adam Williams, whose company bought the pier last May, said he knew nothing about Jamie Campbell until the Daily Post broke the story of him pleading guilty to the latest child sex offences.
He said from now on criminal checks will be carried out on all staff, including those running concessions on the pier.
Mr Williams said: “My staff and I are horrified to learn about Jamie Campbell, and we feel this news will tarnish us all.
“From now on ... checks will be carried out on everyone working on the pier.”
Simon Mason, general manager of Llandudno Pier, knew of Jamie Campbell, but did not know of his past.
He said: “I’d like to make clear he didn’t work for our group, he worked on a concession which had children’s rides, I don’t think that concession will be returning here.





Jamie Campbell, from Towyn, was jailed in 2010 for child sex offences
Jamie Campbell, from Towyn, was jailed in 2010 for child sex offences

“I saw Jamie Campbell around, he was big bloke, and seemed just an everyday kind of person, very smiley and pretty normal.”
Mr Mason admitted as no proper checks were carried out on staff, criminals could well have worked or at present be working on the pier.
“When someone applies for a job, one of the questions on the employment form is asking whether the person has a criminal record, if the answer is no then obviously in the past we’ve gone with it, but this will all now immediately change as a consequence of what has happened,” he added.
Janet Finch-Saunders ' AM for Aberconwy' said it was “vital” CRB checks are made on the Pier’s employees.
She said: “The safety and enjoyment of visitors to the pier are of paramount importance. “It is therefore vital that businesses undertake all necessary background checks on their staff to ensure the maximum safety of children and vulnerable members of the public can be maintained at all times.”
At Llandudno magistrates court yesterday, prosecutor James Neary said police have seized all devices capable of accessing the internet from Jamie Campbell’s home, including his mobile phone, and further investigations are to be carried out.
The 31-year-old of Pen Lan, Towyn, was remanded in custody on Wednesday after pleading guilty to two counts of persuading young girls to put his details on their phones and send sexual messages on Snapchat.





Jamie Campbell was not given a criminal record check before getting work at Llandudno Pier
Jamie Campbell was not given a criminal record check before getting work at Llandudno Pier

He sent social media messages to her asking if she could keep a secret and if she wanted to see a “naughty” picture.
He had also tried to get a photograph of another youngster’s backside, and sent her an image of his groin.
Defence solicitor Richard Williams said :”Mr Campbell is realistic about his position.” There was no application for bail.
Campbell was jailed in 2010 after admitting sexual activity with a child when working at an amusement arcade.
He was caught after a teacher at the girl’s school noticed she was upset and the girl revealed the relationship with Campbell.
The judge in the case said Campbell had “taken the opportunity to seduce that young girl and vent your sexual appetite upon her.”
Campbell will be sentenced next month.

Thursday, 29 September 2016

Llandudno Pier.............A Pedophile ended up being given a job at Llandudno Pier, and assaulted child!

Jamie Campbell, a convicted child sex offender, was working at Llandudno Pier when he offended again







Paedophile offended again ... after getting job at family tourist attraction

Jamie Campbell, who had been jailed in 2010 for sexual activity with a child, groomed a young girl after starting a job at Llandudno Pier







Jamie Campbell, a convicted child sex offender, was working at Llandudno Pier when he offended again

A convicted paedophile ended up being given a job at one of North Wales’ most popular family tourist attractions.
Jamie Campbell had been given four years in jail in 2010 and was registered as a sex offender.
But when he was released he managed to get a job as a supervisor at Llandudno Pier.
He there met a girl of 13, who he sent social media message to asking if she could keep a secret, asking her if she wanted to see a “naughty” picture.
He had also tried to get a photograph of another youngster’s backside, and sent her an image of his groin.
At Llandudno magistrates court yesterday, prosecutor James Neary said: “Police have seized all devices capable of accessing the internet from his home, including his mobile phone, and they will be scrutinised.
“The investigation is now at its early stages.”






Campbell, 31, of Pen Lan, Towyn, was remanded in custody until sentencing next month after pleading guilty to two counts of persuading young girls to put his details on their phones and send sexual messages on Snapchat.
Defence solicitor Richard Williams said :”Mr Campbell is realistic about his position.” There was no application for bail.
Campbell was jailed in 2010 after admitting sexual activity with a child when working at an amusement arcade.
He was caught after a teacher at the girl’s school noticed she was upset and the girl revealed the relationship with Campbell.
The judge in the case said Campbell had “taken the opportunity to seduce that young girl and vent your sexual appetite upon her.”

Conwy Council ....Mystery of Conwy bench plaque criticising council funding cuts to deaf association

Brilliant!

The plaque has appeared near Conwy Castle and highlights the council's £50,000 cutbacks for North Wales Deaf Association

Kev BrewerThis bench near Conwy Castle has a plaque criticising Conwy Council's funding cuts for the deaf North Wales Deaf Association
This bench near Conwy Castle has a plaque criticising Conwy Council's funding cuts for the deaf North Wales Deaf Association
A plaque has mysteriously appeared on a bench opposite Conwy Castle highlighting the cuts Conwy Council has made to the North Wales Deaf Association.
Last month Conwy Council withdrew £50,000 funding from NWDA which means the local deaf community can no longer have access to a dedicated member of staff to help them with phone calls, booking hospital appointments, help with form filling, or problems with a landlord or any of the many other issues where a hearing person can pick up a phone.
NWDA were informed by Conwy Council of the cuts on July 29, which came into immediate effect on August 1.
It is not known who installed the plaque that appeared yesterday and has the inscription: “This bench has been allocated to the Deaf community.
"Due to funding cuts, this is the only help they will be receiving from Conwy Council for the foreseeable future."
The bench was placed in Conwy in memorium of John Evans some years ago. The NWDA says they have no idea who has placed the plaque. It’s appearance has caused a storm on social media, with people saying Conwy Council should immediately give back the funding to the association.
Kev BrewerCredit: The plaque on the bench which criticises Conwy Council's spending cuts
Credit: The plaque on the bench which criticises Conwy Council's spending cuts
Rosemary Thompson chairman of the Conwy Deaf Club said: “I have no idea who has put the plaque on the bench, but I’m glad the issue is being highlighted.
“The cuts from Conwy has come as a shock and left many deaf people very distressed.
“Conwy has asked us to contact the Conwy Access Group as an alternative but they do not provide qualified British Sign Language interpreters and deaf people are being asked to lipread or communicate through written notes instead, which is extremely humiliating and impossible as some deaf people have very little English.”
Conwy Council spokeswoman said: “Conwy Council has a single point of access service for information, advice and assistance for health and social care matters. We employ a number of experienced staff that have a range of skills to assess and assist customers with sensory loss, and there’s a rolling programme of deaf awareness training across the Local Authority.”
Potentially there are as many as 38,600 residents with a hearing loss living in Conwy county.