Wednesday, 23 October 2019

Colwyn Bay...Eirias High School: 'Psychopathic' schoolboy who stabbed fellow pupil fantasised about 'killing someone',!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says....I wonder what his parents are like? Just a question!
A “psychopathic” schoolboy who stabbed a fellow pupil later admitted he had wanted to kill him, a court heard.
The 15-year-old who had nurtured a fantasy about “killing someone” plunged a pen knife into the boy’s shoulder in a school corridor
His victim was walking from a trumpet lesson when he was attacked. Although the pair were in the same year at Eirias High School in Colwyn Bay the boy told the court he had never spoken to his assailant.
As he entered his maths class he realised he was bleeding heavily from the wound which needed two stitches at hospital to close it up.
Mold Crown Court heard that when the boy’s attacker was arrested he revealed his obsession with killing and said he had been planning to stab his victim in the neck.
Prosecuting barrister Myles Wilson said: “He told police he’d stabbed a cow in the neck and killed a sheep. He said he chose his victim because he was the same age as him and the same size. He said he would not have taken much pride in killing a young child or someone who was elderly.
“He had been giving some thought to killing someone, this was not a spur of the moment decision.”
After his arrest the schoolboy was examined by a psychiatrist who could find no evidence he was suffering from a mental illness.
When a social worker asked the boy if his actions were “a cry for help” he replied “It wasn’t, I intended to do that”.
Mr Wilson said: “It was found he was a bright boy who had no remorse or empathy for what he had done. He said he had meant to kill his victim. The psychiatrist thought it ominous that his violent urges were not driven by anger and the evidence he had recently harmed animals was a sign of a psychopathic personality.”
The boy, now aged 16, has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder on February 11 this year, but he admitted an alternative charge of wounding with intent when it was put to him.
He is also charged with having a knife on school premises on February 8 and February 11 this year.
On the first occasion the boy showed the weapon, a folding pen knife with an 8cm blade, to a friend who filmed it on a mobile phone.
Three days later he was seen waving it around after he was asked to leave a class because he was disruptive.
When asked why he was outside by a fellow pupil he said the teacher was a “f…ing bitch” and he wanted to kill someone. He appeared to have been drinking and he was sent to see the deputy head who found a partly drunk bottle of whisky in his bag.
But he kept the knife in his pocket and absconded from a referral area he was told to stay in.
Spotting his victim he walked up behind him and shouted before stabbing him in the right shoulder.
The prosecutor added: “He (the defendant) later admitted to aiming for the boy’s neck. The boy felt pain but carried on walking into his classroom, while the defendant went back after him pointing the knife.
“He told police he wanted to stab him again but he was put off because he didn’t want to kill him in front of other pupils.”
The injured boy told the court via a video link: “I felt a thump on the back of my right shoulder. I felt there was liquid down my back and realised it was blood.”
His attacker was arrested in Rhyl later that evening telling passers-by he wanted to hand himself in for “attempted murder as he had stabbed someone in the neck”.
He told police that he didn’t need help and admitted if he was freed he would “just kill someone, successfully this time”.
Commenting on his predicament he said: “It’s a win, win situation, I get a roof over my head or I kill someone.”
The trial continues.

Colwyn Bay ..And Colwyn Bay is making the BBC News with Evil Pupil Who Stabbed fellow Pupil!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says... Famous at last, but for all the wrong reasons! Another high profile crime!

A schoolboy who stabbed a fellow pupil told police he had been thinking about killing someone for a long time, a court has heard.
The 16-year-old carried out the attack at Eirias High School in Colwyn Bay, Conwy, in February, Mold Crown Court heard.
He denies attempted murder but has pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of wounding with intent.
Prosecutors said the boy told police he "meant to kill" the victim.
The jury heard the attack happened on a Monday morning after the student, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had been kicked out of a lesson for talking.
He told another pupil he wanted to stab the teacher and showed the girl an open bottle of whisky and a penknife, the court heard.
Teachers were told and confiscated the whisky after searching his bag, but did not find the knife in his pocket.
The court heard he had been told to stay where he was, but left the area of the school and when he saw the pupil in the corridor he walked up behind him and stabbed him in the shoulder.

'Wanted revenge'

Myles Wilson, prosecuting, told the jury the boy had attempted to stab the victim in the neck, but missed and hit him in the shoulder.
He added: "The defendant told the police that he meant to kill. He didn't have any grievance against him. He didn't know him."
The court heard the defendant left the school and later told people in Rhyl he "wanted to hand himself in for attempted murder".
"He said he had been angry that his whisky had been taken off him. He wanted revenge," Mr Wilson said.
The court heard the defendant told police "he had thinking about killing someone for some time" and "liked the idea of killing someone".
The victim, who gave evidence via video-link, said he had been aware of someone following him in the corridor in the moments before the attack.
He said he only realised he had been stabbed when he felt a cold liquid running down his back and realised it was blood.
The trial continues.

Colwyn Bay... Eirias School Boy stabbed fellow pupil at school 'to experience the feeling of killing'!



Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says....It sounds like another delightful Colwyn Bay Delinquent!

A teenager accused of the attempted murder of a fellow pupil during school time said he wanted to "experience the feeling of killing someone", a jury was told.
The now 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Mold Crown Court for the first day of his trial where he denies trying to kill a 15-year-old boy but admits an alternative count of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
He is also accused of two counts of having a knife on school premises.
The jury saw CCTV footage from inside Eirias High School, Colwyn Bay, of the youth approaching his victim, who also cannot be named for legal reasons.

Tuesday, 22 October 2019

Conwy County Council..F.O.I Request on Dates That Former Flood Manager Worked Whilst on bail for historical child abuse not answered!

Dates That Former Flood Manager Worked Whilst on bail for historical child abuse

0487-19
Dear Mr Saunders
Thank you for your enquiry below.
It is confirmed that an employee of that name left the Authority on 4 March 2019.
The Authority holds no information regarding media coverage.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of this response.
Please ensure all email correspondence is sent to the [Conwy Council request email] email address.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you may appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office – Wales, 2nd Floor, Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH.

Yours sincerely
Derek O'Connor
Rheolwr Llywodraethu Gwybodaeth / Information Governance Manager
Cyngor Bwrdeistef Sirol CONWY County Borough Council
E-Bost / E-Mail: [email address]
The additional clarification request, 
To:Derek O'Connor
Subject:Re: RESPONSE 0487-19 : Freedom of Information request -
Dear Derek O'Connor,
Hi, thank you for the info, the above states when the employee was dismissed on the 4 March 2019, but he was on bail from 2018. Please, can the council clarify when they became aware of when Mr. Rowlands was on bail, and how long he worked for the authority until they found out? So, for example, he has bailed the latter end of 2018 but was working within the council for many months, and visiting schools and working with children, so are the council saying they only found out in March 2019 that he was awaiting trial for historical sex offenses? If this is the case there is a major concern to risk with the Police and Courts not liaising with Conwy Council and allowing a Member of staff to work within schools and other areas unsupervised. Has there been an internal inquiry?
Yours sincerely,
Donald Saunders
Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says...It is worrying that a Manager who had contact with children and worked freely within the authority whilst on bail and later convicted for historical child abuse was not suspended or supervised for over 6 months!
This is a serious issue and questions need to be asked as to why The Police, Courts or The Accused failed to tell the employers!
Also, a complete media blackout has taken place, The Daily Post when approached stated that they did not report "all cases" but have reported far less serious ones prior and after, Rowlands was jailed for over 10 years and has had his sentenced quashed to 4 years, but still no media interest? There is something very, very, wrong here!
And the original request is below, 

Dates That Former Flood Manager Worked Whilst on bail for historical child abusde

Donald Saunders made this Freedom of Information request to Conwy County Borough Council
The request was partially successful.
Donald Saunders 19 August 2019
Dear Conwy County Borough Council,
Mr Dyfed Rowlands the former head Manager of Floods and Environment has just been jailed for over 10 years at Caernarfon crown court.see (Plea and Trial Preparation - Case Started 10/04/2019 10:44
Court 1
T20197125
DYFED FON ROWLANDS
For Trial - Case Started 12/08/2019 14:46
For Trial - Case adjourned until 15:25 12/08/2019 15:13
For Trial - Resume 12/08/2019 15:23
For Trial - Jury Sworn In 12/08/2019 15:45
For Trial - Case adjourned until 10:15 12/08/2019 15:59
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume 13/08/2019 11:41
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury Sworn In 13/08/2019 12:00
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Opening 13/08/2019 12:11
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:50 13/08/2019 12:51
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Case 13/08/2019 13:54
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event 13/08/2019 14:43
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions 13/08/2019 15:40
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:15 13/08/2019 16:16
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 2 Sworn 14/08/2019 10:21
Trial (Part Heard) - Defendant Sworn 14/08/2019 11:29
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 14/08/2019 13:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Summing Up 14/08/2019 14:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 14/08/2019 14:31
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Closing Speech 15/08/2019 10:05
Trial (Part Heard) - DYFED FON ROWLANDS; Defence Closing Speech 15/08/2019 10:27
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict 15/08/2019 12:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Verdict to be taken 15/08/2019 15:32
Trial (Part Heard) - Hearing finished for DYFED FON ROWLANDS 15/08/2019 15:44
For Sentence - Case Started 16/08/2019 10:50)
However in April Mr Rowlands was placed on bail, can the authority please clarify how long he worked until it came to light that he was in fact on bail, and on what date was he dismissed?
As this is a criminal case and has now been settled by a prison sentence, it is in the public interest to know the above facts.
Also can the Authority please clarify why there has been a complete media blackout on reporting the case?
see ref
http://causelist.org/d/b80kv1exkcis/
Thank you kindly, and please answer honestly.
Yours faithfully,
Donald Saunders
Uned Llyw-Gwyb / Info-Gov Unit, Conwy County Borough Council 19 August 2019
Diolch am eich neges e-bost. Os ydych yn gofyn am fynediad at wybodaeth
dan delerau Deddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000 cewch ymateb o fewn ugain
niwrnod gwaith.
Thank you for your email. If you are requesting access to information
under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 you will receive a
response within twenty working days.
Derek O'Connor, Conwy County Borough Council 6 September 2019
0487-19
Dear Mr Saunders
Thank you for your enquiry below.
It is confirmed that an employee of that name left the Authority on 4 March 2019.
The Authority holds no information regarding media coverage.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of this response.
Please ensure all email correspondence is sent to the [Conwy Council request email] email address.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you may appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office – Wales, 2nd Floor, Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH.

Yours sincerely
Derek O'Connor
Rheolwr Llywodraethu Gwybodaeth / Information Governance Manager
Cyngor Bwrdeistef Sirol CONWY County Borough Council
E-Bost / E-Mail: [email address]

Monday, 21 October 2019

Conwy Councillors set to reject council tax discount for second homes, and quite rightly so too!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says...The tax should be 75% on second homes with no exemptions, and if rented out the fee should still be the same. Second homes should be a thing of the past when some people do not even have one home!

Conwy Council will not give a discount on council tax to second homes.
Members of the full council meeting on Thursday will be presented with options for discounts on the properties.
But the authority is expected to continue with its policy of not allowing discounts for second homes.
Under council tax legislation local authorities can discount tax by up to 50 percent for second and holiday homes.
The second home properties are split into three categories, Class A which are furnished properties where there cannot be 28 days of continuous residence, Class B where there can be 28 days of continuous residence and Class C which are unoccupied and unfurnished beyond a six-month exempt period.
Currently, the county has approximately 1,459 properties out of a total number of dwellings of 57,426, which can be described as falling into the first two categories of a second home.
The third category has 1,021 properties in the county.
Cllr Charlie McCoubrey, the cabinet member responsible for housings has argued in a report to members that there should be no discount.
He said: “Given the huge budgetary pressures facing this authority I fully support the recommendation not to allow a discount in respect of properties within Class A, B, and C.”
Llanrwst county councilor, Aaron Wynne, said: “I’m content that the Council will not seek to give second homes and holiday homes in Conwy a council tax reduction.
“The council tax on second homes, holiday homes, and long-term empty properties should be doubled, and the additional monies raised should be used to build more social housing and affordable housing in Conwy.”

Llandudno...Jail for foul-mouthed street drinker who attracted complaints from town shoppers!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says "The Fading Queen Of Welsh Resorts" appears to have more crime than tourism these days!

A foul-mouthed street drinker whose behaviour has led to complaints from business owners and other members of the public was jailed for four months.
Richard Wyn Davies, aged 48, who gave an address in Abbey Road, Llandudno, pleaded guilty to breaching a criminal behaviour order in the town’s Upper Mostyn Street last Tuesday, four days after it was imposed.
Prosecutor James Neary told magistrates at Llandudno: "When he (Davies) drinks he becomes abusive and members of the public make complaints about it and owners of shops and businesses.”
Police had been alerted to the latest incident involving his behaviour by a Closed Circuit Television CCTV operator when Davies was spotted drinking by the cameras.
They found him on a bench by a roundabout and he became abusive.
“The defendant has been given many opportunities to help himself with his problems,” Mr Neary added.
Graham Parry, defending, said Davies had a chaotic lifestyle and alcohol was the issue.
Davies had slept rough and occasionally had an address where he could go.
He would like to enter rehab.
Llandudno Magistrates Court chairwoman Janet Ellis told the defendant Davies: "Only custody is appropriate due to your non-compliance, consistently, with court orders and previous convictions.”
"I am really sorry about this," the defendant told the court.

Colwyn Bay Motorist who crashed into lamppost and refused breath test banned!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says...Two offenses of endangering life should have seen this man jailed! How soft the court are becoming!

A motorist who refused an alcohol test after his car smashed into a lamppost at Colwyn Bay had no memory of the offense, a court heard.
Raymond Hawksey, aged 50, of Greenfield Road, Colwyn Bay, had a number of health issues and wasn’t meant to drink when taking medication, his solicitor Simon Sargent told magistrates at Llandudno.
He was remorseful but had a recent conviction for an identical offense, the lawyer added.
Hawksey admitted failing to provide a specimen at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd.
An 18 weeks suspended jail term was imposed and a three-year ban. He has to pay £222 costs.
The court chairwoman said he was already on a community order to address his drinking.

Sunday, 20 October 2019

Colwyn Bay Former Council Manager Jailed for Historical Child Sex Abuse To Have Sentence Slashed!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says....News reaches us that former flood defense manager at Conwy County Council who was jailed this year for over 10 years has his sentence slashed!" 
The manager Mr. Dyfed Rowlands who continued to work for the council whilst on bail has now had his ten-year sentence quashed to just over four years!
The Manager was jailed earlier this year for historical child abuse.
The strange thing is that the media failed to report the case in any tabloid articles. 
The Daily Post, when approached, stated that they did not report on every case and The Council denied a media blackout! see
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dates_that_former_flood_manager


Colwyn Bay... Conwy County is knee deep in filth!

 

Mrs. Colwyn Bay Says. The four weekly enforced collections our leaving our streets as clean as a button! Not! But who cares? The council clearly do not!! According to them, the four-week collections are a massive success!  Who do you think is living in denial?












Tuesday, 15 October 2019

Llandudno...Former NHS Mansion Stands Empty!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay Says...The Former Mansion and latter NHS Mental Health Team, still owned by the NHS now stands empty (what a waste) this would make an excellent homeless facility. They promised that they would be doing something with it, but I have an awful feeling that it will be leveled for another Carbuncle block of flats! Watch this space.





Llandudno..Another Family Home to be Bulldozed On The West Shore!


Mrs, Colwyn Bay says... Another loss, hardly any garden, but no thought for conversion, just flatten it for more boxes. The West Shore is now almost all Blocks of flats with a few houses in between, and sadly when they go up for sale the Developer Leeches move in, flatten and rebuild, and cram in as much as you can! The area used to be so Grand, now it's a mess.